Aberfeldie Primary School’s Vision:
Students Succeeding Academically, Physically and Socially; supported by innovative teachers and an inclusive community.
Our values and vision statement were developed in 2017. Our staff, students, and community have each had opportunities to list five positive behaviours that support our Vison and Values.
Students 5 Positive Behaviour
- Being a successful learner means you try your hardest at everything.
- When you are learning, help other people when they need it and do not be afraid to ask for help yourself.
- Be kind to other students and teachers by caring and listening to what they have to say.
- At Aberfeldie we work as a team and respect each other’s differences.
- Always be positive with everybody.
Teachers 5 Positive Behaviours
- We implement high impact evidence based teaching strategies, ensuring goals are specific to the learner.
- We provide the knowledge and opportunities to improve the students’ physical wellbeing.
- We provide strategies to help promote resilience and positive mental health through specific programs and daily interaction.
- We have the capacity to reflect on our current practice and seek opportunities for improvement and growth.
- We will ensure that all students are heard, valued and included through the belief that all students can progress with their personal growth.
Parents 5 Positive Behaviours
- Ensure our children come to school healthy and refreshed through healthy eating, a good night’s sleep and a regular physical activity regime.
- Encourage positive and supportive communication between parents/students and teachers.
- Encourage and role model positive and pro-social behaviours in our children.
- Be aware and engaged in what our children are doing at school and at home and provide constructive feedback where appropriate.
- Get our children to school and collect them from school on time.
The programs and teaching at Aberfeldie Primary School support and promote the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- elected government
- the rule of law
- equal rights for all before the law
- freedom of religion
- freedom of speech and association
- the values of openness and tolerance.